Staying Connected Anywhere
The Globalstar Handheld Phone is designed with the flexibility to meet the needs of customers who already depend on wireless communications, but find themselves in areas where cellular or radio coverage is either unavailable or inaccessible.
- Voice and Data Capabilities
- Crystal-Clear Voice Quality: Superior CDMA digital satellite quality
- Real World Data Speeds: 9.6 KBps
- Automatic System Select: Just turn up the satellite antenna, and your Globalstar phone will automatically seek out the Globalstar network
- Intuitive Display: Four-line, 48-character display shows battery level, voicemail status, short messages received and satellite signal quality
- Long Life Battery: 3.75 hours talk time, 19 hours standby time
- Built for extremes: Handset is operational from -20 to +55 degrees Celcius
- Dimensions: 177mm x 55mm x 48 mm
- Weight: 384g.
- Operating Temperature Range: -20 to +55°C (-4 to +131°F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -30 to +60°C (-22 to +140°F )
Talk Time/Standby Time
- In Globalstar satellite mode, the phone will sustain normal operation for 3.75 hours of talk time, 19 hours of standby time.
- In CDMA (IS-95) mode, the phone will sustain normal operation for 4.7 hours of talk time or 75 hours of standby time.
- In AMPS (IS-41) mode, the phone will sustain normal operation for 2.8 hours of talk time or 15 hours of standby time.
- Battery Meter
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Voice Mail Notification
- 99 Memory location with call restriction
- Call History Log
Usage Control Features
- User-configurable call timers and available “minute alert” to manage costs
- Keypad lock and security lock code for additional security
GSP 1600 Includes
- GSP-1600 Handset
- Lithium Ion Battery
- North American Wall Charger
- User Manual